Indulge in a French Toast Souffle from Steeles Tavern Manor B&B
As we’ve said before, half of a B&B is breakfast, and our BBHSV members offer their guests a wide variety of hearty Southern indulgences for the morning meal. One of our member inns, Steeles Tavern Manor B&B, treats its patrons to a French Toast Souffle made with mouthwatering croissants, cream cheese, and cinnamon sugar. Whether you’d like a taste of Steeles Tavern Manor before your getaway there, or you’d like to capture the flavor of a vacation already taken, here is the recipe for you to create and enjoy:
- 5 Large Croissants
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 cups half and half
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- Powdered sugar
- Chopped pecans
- Coarsely chop/break apart croissants, then distribute evenly in a greased 9×13-inch casserole dish. Sprinkle raisins on top.
- Combine cream cheese & butter in microwavable dish with lid. Microwave on defrost setting until soft. Heat 1/3 cup maple syrup in microwave about 20 sec on High setting. Stir in with butter/cream cheese. Drop spoonfuls & spread evenly over chopped croissants.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, ½ cup maple syrup, and half-and-half; pour over mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator about ½ hour before putting in oven. Preheat oven 350 degrees. Uncover and bake 50 minutes or until golden on top. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and chopped pecans. Serve with maple syrup.
Eat and enjoy!