5 Things to Enjoy in Lexington, Virginia
With its rich history, its downtown activities, and its proximity to the some of the natural wonders of Virginia, Lexington, VA is the ideal option for a getaway. Keep reading for 5 of our favorite things to enjoy in this Shenandoah Valley town:
- A Stay at a BBHSV Inn: Of course the first activity on our list has to be a stay at our two Lexington-based B&Bs! Visit a B&B at Llewellyn Lodge for a quiet stay only a short walk to Main Street activities. Escape to the hillside just outside of downtown at Brierley Hill Bed & Breakfast.
- A Visit to the Historic Site: Whether you’re touring the Virginia Military Institute (VMI), Lee Chapel and Museum, the George C. Marshall Museum, or the Cyrus McCormick Museum, Lexington, VA is a must-visit for any history buff.
- A Show at the Virginia Horse Center: This renowned horse center is perfect for the equestrian lover. Take in the saddlebreds at the Winter Tournament Horse Show, the hunters and jumpers at the Stonewall Country Horse Show I, or the stadium and cross country jumps in the Virginia Jumper Derby.
- A Growler at a Local Brewery: Sip and savor a Chocolate Coffee Stout, a Strong Irish Red Ale, or a Green Chile Ale at Blue Lab Brewing Company. Take a swig or two of Vienna Lager, Schwartz Bier, or Striped Pass Pale Ale at Devils Backbone Outpost Brewery and Tap Room.
- A Local Event: From Mardis Gras festivities to plays and exhibitions, there is also something happening in Lexington (even in mid-winter!). Click here for more information about upcoming events.